Graphic & Print Designer
With the ability to cross borders and unite global communities we foster a movement of diverse and like-minded individuals sharing their passions and celebrating their own roots and champion inclusivity. The diverse and deep-rooted diaspora culture is the bedrock of our brand, echoing in every collection - and always portrayed through the lens of the youth.
The Graphic and Print Designer works closely with the design team. Your responsibility lies in creating innovating graphics and prints within the DNA of Daily Paper and have affinity with the cultural heritage we stand for. You are responsible for creating graphics and prints for all products groups and in addition, you will also be creating presentations and concepts for seasonal and capsule ranges.
The key objective is to ensure creative commercial graphics and prints that are designed and developed in line with the Daily Paper brand identity. The role will be reporting directly to one of the founders and Head of design
- Taking the lead when it comes to graphic and print direction and work closely with the Founders and Head of Design
- Translating the vision and cultural heritage of the Founders
- Working within the design team, this position is vital to ensuring commercial graphics and prints created within the Daily Paper DNA
- Develop a collection according to the seasonal brief
- Work to a design calendar in a concise and professional manner, including hand over of trims/artworks worksheets
- You will work in close cooperation within the design team to hand over trims/artwork and garment worksheets.
- Have the artwork/graphic collection presentable at milestone meetings/collection reviews.
- Artwork and concept research
- Be aware of trends in the market and competition, bring a graphical balance between brand, category & fashion to the collection
- Work well in a team environment utilizing strong communication skills.
- University/college degree in Graphics Design
- 7+ years of graphics experience, working ideally within the graphic appeal role within the fashion industry
- Having experience in the Street Wear branch
- Knowledge of placed prints, allover prints and factory ready artworks
- Having affinity with African cultural heritage
- Knowledge of printing & applications techniques
- Knowledge and fully proficient in Photoshop & Illustrator
- Strong awareness of current trends and capability to do research
- Ability to communicate in a clear and efficient way and to work closely with the design team
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- A fast and organized designer to cope with the fast pace environments
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English are a must
- Creates partnership and able to work within a diverse team.
Please include your portfolio & cover letter with your application.
At Daily Paper we offer employees to be part of our international, fast-growing brand. In this environment, you can make a difference and develop yourself. Our team is young, passionate, and creative. We offer amongst others 25 holidays based on full-time employment, twice a year clothing credits, pension plan and travel allowance when living more than 15 kilometers from the headquarters. And of course, work at our inspiring headquarters in Amsterdam and become part of our community.