With the ability to cross borders and unite global communities we foster a movement of diverse and like-minded individuals sharing their passions and celebrating their own roots and champion inclusivity. The diverse and deep-rooted diaspora culture is the bedrock of our brand, echoing in every collection - and always portrayed through the lens of the youth.
Daily paper is seeking a Senior Merchandiser! As a member of the Merchandising & Buying team, the Senior Merchandiser takes ownership of the responsible for the full Daily Paper product groups. The role includes working on strategies based on the market needs while furthermore working closely with both Design and Product Development to build a strong collection. Next to this, there is a strong collaboration within the Merchandising team to work on cross-product group strategies. The position expects an end to end ownership, from strategy mapping up to ensuring the product can be sold to our customers at the seasonal selling kick-off.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with the Buying and Design team to create seasonal strategies.
- Work with the buying team to lead range plan strategies, taking into consideration the needs of Wholesale, Retail & Ecommerce channels for Daily Paper but keep the core DNA in mind.
- Build strong relationships with the Design & Product Development team to build an efficient & profitable collection, balancing the commercial product needs with the seasonal design direction.
- Present the line to all market stakeholders during key calendar touchpoints.
- Collaborate with the balance of Merchandising team across product groups to define the optimum consumer assortment & key product pushes for the season.
- Create various analyses on the collection throughout the season to review sales results, pricing architecture, product assortment, and suggesting tweaks were necessary to maximize category potential.
- Forecast the line to identify any potential risks, opportunities & to aid in capacity/fabric pre-bookings.
- Identify & implement best practices to ensure effective use of time & maximum output in the team.
- Complete ad hoc seasonal projects.
- Amplify seasonal assortment at key moments to leverage season and commercial trends.
- Optimise Sales by checking on a regular base stock levels and placing re-orders on time in collaboration with the Buyer.
- Own the GTM strategy for collection from a product standpoint.
- 5+ years of experience in fashion (buying and merchandising), of which at least 2+ years as a people manager.
- Experienced in merchandising of high-quality tailoring brands, having extensive product knowledge about streetwear.
- Experience from a vertically integrated, fashion retail company, wholesale experience also a must have.
- An appreciation and knowledge for the craftsmanship and design of both streetwear to high end fashion.
- A keen understanding of the intersection of commerce and design.
- The ability to think like there is no box.
- Excellent skills in written and verbal English.
- Strong skills and comfort level in Microsoft Office and google Suite.
At Daily Paper we offer employees to be part of our international, fast-growing brand. In this environment, you can make a difference and develop yourself. Our team is young, passionate, and creative. We offer amongst others 25 holidays based on full-time employment, twice a year clothing credits, pension plan, and travel allowance when living more than 15 kilometers from the headquarters. And of course, work at our inspiring headquarters in Amsterdam and become part of our community.