Senior Site Merchandising Manager
With the ability to cross borders and unite global communities we foster a movement of diverse and like-minded individuals sharing their passions and celebrating their own roots and champion inclusivity. The diverse and deep-rooted diaspora culture is the bedrock of our brand, echoing in every collection - and always portrayed through the lens of the youth.
The E-Commerce Senior Site Merchandising Manager is responsible for developing and driving site merchandising and content strategies of the E-Commerce team on dailypaperclothing.com that align product, brand, commercial and marketing goals in order to deliver optimized results. This tech-savvy person will manage the site merchandising team to execute product and content updates for dailypaperclothing.com. The key business collaboration partners are product merchandising, marketing, creative, and customer service teams. Close monitoring of sales results and execution in line with the daily paper brand strategy are a must, where the E-Commerce Senior Site Merchandising Manager will have to balance a brand-enhancing online presence and the achievement of ambitious sales results. The E-Commerce Senior Site Merchandising Manager reports to the Head of E-Commerce.
- Partners with Merchandising, Marketing, and E-Commerce teams to assist in developing compelling merchandising themes and story-telling for each season and across categories.
- Owner of the trading calendar.
- Responsible for executing on-site and newsletter communication.
- Determine and manage product display order, color features, web categorization, and navigation to support key product investments.
- Manages homepage updates, new content pages, promotions, and features to be aligned with the marketing/product launch calendar.
- Responsible for QA of homepages, links, and redirects.
- Examines site daily/weekly to ensure products are in the correct categories, promotions are functioning, links lead to the correct categories/pages, and product set up is accurate. Tests new features and functionality as needed.
- Manages and optimizes site search results and faceted navigation for each category for increased product sales. Identifies and fixes failed searches, creates and manages a library of synonyms for frequently misspelled products and keywords.
- Monitors website performance utilizing site merchandising KPI reports. Along with UX and Digital Marketing, identifies areas for improvement across the site and traffic sources, calling out risks to current sales plan and consulting to ideate solutions.
- Perform periodic website testing through various browsers and devices (i.e. desktop, tablet and mobile) to ensure new features and functionality are working correctly.
- Work with digital marketing to implement best practices for both products, category, and special landing pages to increase rankings in SERPs. Coordinates content delivery to help organic search results rank for non-branded keywords.
- Conduct competitive analysis to evaluate merchandise, promotions, features, and product presentation to inform future strategies.
- Collaborate with digital product managers and UX to develop business requirements for site merchandising and experience.
- Partner with Retail Buying to ensure timely go-live of products and stories and deliver a clear visual merchandising strategy across all areas of the site.
- Work closely with relevant teams on inventory management and replenishment process, ensuring timely deliveries and optimized stock levels.
- Produce accurate performance reports and analysis for the department in line with deadlines.
- Support preparation of the Buying division presentations and other ad-hoc analysis.
- 4-5 years of trading experience in Site Merchandising gained in a brand-focused retail environment with an understanding of the fashion sector.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills. Excel knowledge is essential.
- Google Analytics, Omniture, or equivalent skills.
- Sharp eye for detail and consistency. Great organizational skills.
- Ability to judge and balance superior taste level and commercial viability.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to build relationships with other internal and external teams and functions for personal and business development.
- Experience working with digital marketing.
- Flexible, well-organized, and a positive "can-do" attitude are a must. Can adapt to the ever-changing online environment.
- Be up to date with the latest trends, brands, and competitors.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
At Daily Paper we offer employees to be part of our international, fast-growing brand. In this environment, you can make a difference and develop yourself. Our team is young, passionate, and creative. We offer amongst others 25 holidays based on full-time employment, twice a year clothing credits, pension plan and travel allowance when living more than 15 kilometers from the headquarters. And of course, work at our inspiring headquarters in Amsterdam and become part of our community.