Sr. Allround Designer
With the ability to cross borders and unite global communities we foster a movement of diverse and like-minded individuals sharing their passions and celebrating their own roots and champion inclusivity. The diverse and deep-rooted diaspora culture is the bedrock of our brand, echoing in every collection - and always portrayed through the lens of the youth.
As Senior All Round Designer, you will be responsible for the development from sketch to tech-pack for a wide range of product designs, reflecting the Daily Paper values across every one of your designs. You’re passionate about staying up to date with design trends, streetwear, and African & youth culture. You will be working in close cooperation with Technical and Production teams and will report to the Head of Design.
- Take on a leading role within the design team; overseeing developed collection until first proto, respecting deadlines
- Research and identify trend directions; create concept/mood boards, analyze collections, perform competitive analysis; produce trend boards with garment sketches & fabrics, trims;
- Apply findings from research to a seasonally relevant, cohesive collection that is well balanced in fabrication and is thoroughly merchandised;
- Keep up-to-date with current season sales and create a fast-react product in the season to meet demands;
- Direct design for several categories for our main, collaborations and short term capsule collections;
- Create Tech packs and technical drawings in Illustrator;
- Liaise with the technical department in fitting samples.
- HBO/ Bachelor work and thinking level;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with design in a fashion brand;
- Innovative and highly talented: your portfolio is full of inventive designs and you enjoy brainstorms and developing initial ideas to sketches;
- Passionate about digital culture and a passion for African artists and fashion;
- An expert eye for detail, design, pixel perfection, and layout;
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop. Translating design sketches;
- Great organization and communication skills, with the ability to work across diverse projects, keep within tight deadlines and manage expectations.
At Daily Paper we offer employees to be part of our international, fast-growing brand. In this environment, you can make a difference and develop yourself. Our team is young, passionate, and creative. We offer amongst others 25 holidays based on full-time employment, twice a year clothing credits, pension plan, and travel allowance when living more than 15 kilometers from the headquarters. And of course, work at our inspiring headquarters in Amsterdam and become part of our community.